Monday, May 20, 2013

The way you make me feel

When I'm with you, I need less insulin. You have your very own particular way to bring peace around the house. The gift of being around someone without speech, is special. Sometimes I wonder what we would talk about if you were able to speak. Being a young girl of 5 and a half years old, you would probably talk about your friends in kindergarten, your teacher, birthday parties, toys and games or story books. Every now and then, I hear your voice when you make happy sounds. You have a very nice voice. I sing songs for you while we hold hands. At the end of every song, I kiss your neck and I make funny noises. Tickling the inside of your legs makes you laugh out loud. I give you tons of little kisses and you can't get enough. It's so good to see you enjoy life..

When you are ready to take a nap, we cuddle on the couch. My right hand is holding your legs together in my lap. Your tiny hands fit right into my left hand and you clasp one of my fingers to make sure I stay right there with you. Our heads touch and our cheeks feel soft against each other. I hum in your ear and sing you lullabies. Your blanky keeps us warm and in a jiffy, you doze off. Every now and then, I see you peek through your long lashes, just to make sure I'm still there. I cherish these moments and I listen to our heartbeats..

2 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

Sounds like a little slice of heaven.

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

It's a joy to spend time with this cute little girl. She's very special..