Friday, March 15, 2013

I wanna make you happy

You are my little girl. Of course I want to make you happy. No doubt about that. I want to give you all my love and I wish you all the best in life. I like to observe you. There are moments where you are really focused on what you are doing and there are times that you are so distracted. I often wonder what's going through your mind. You do tell us things, but like all teens, you like to keep things for yourself and that's okay too. Just want to let you know that you can talk to us about anything. Your family is here for you.

Happiness is out there for you to grab it. It is our job as parents to educate and raise you and help you grow up. It is your job to find opportunities to grow in life and build up a personality of your own. I can tell you are working on your self esteem every day and you're doing well. You have changed so much over the years and you have become a young lady with a mind of her own. Happiness is not about money or buying things. It is good to think about what brings you happiness. Happiness doesn't cost money. It's about the little things in life. It's about love and friendship and good times. It's about that wink a boy gives you when nobody else can see it. It's about the hug our whippet Inthe gives you when you come home from school. It's about the smell of that cake you made for your friends, the moment you open the oven door. How about a wonderful text message when you're not feeling your best? The little arms reaching for you when you babysit 4 small children? That is happiness, sweetie. Those are moments to cherish and remember... Those are moments that are there, on a daily basis. If only you open your heart to let them in.

No comments: