Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Tears on my pillow

How long has it been since you last cried yourself to sleep? Are you a cry baby or do you prefer to keep your grief within?

Since I became a diabetic, I find that my emotions are much harder to control. A movie based on a true story (especially if children or pets are involved), make my eyes tear up. Tears well up in my eyes when I hear a song that has a special meaning to me or when the lyrics relate to the situation I am in at the time. Some subjects are too hard to be discussed, because I feel I will break into tears and I have a hard time crying in the presence of others. I do feel the need to cry though. There are too many emotions involved and I feel I can no longer hold them in. Too much has been going on lately and I need to find a way to express my feelings. I need a safe haven to confide about what's going on. I was happy to see my friend last night, over dinner. It feels so good to talk to him. He's such a good listener and he doesn't interrupt. He lets me talk about my feelings and he reassures me things will be allright. Too bad we had no more than 4 hours...

2 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

Hi Cathy!

Sometimes I think that diabetes runs our emotions pretty thin, and then it doesn't take much to tip us over the edge.

Hang in there. You can do this.

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

Hi Scott!

it's been a while!

I know I can do this. It's just so overwhelming at times.
How have you been?