Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Taken advantage of

There's not much I regret in life. Some things I could have handled better, that is correct. We are all humans and we all deserve respect. I like to do things for my friends and make them feel well and at ease. Do I expect something in return? No, I really don't. Giving without expecting anything back, is more than satisfying. Up till a certain point I must say. When I start to feel that people take the friendship for granted or when they start taking advantage of me, cracks start to show in our bond, no matter how close we used to be. I just can't stand it when people do that. I don't talk about single occasions, but numerous situations. They can no longer be excused. I'm not stupid, you know. I wait and see and I evaluate. I give people multiple chances to pull themselves together. But if that is not sufficient I need to protect myself and walk away.. Sometimes with pain in my heart, because we are all blessed with a unique personality. I have been abused just once too often. I'm done. To me, it's a point of no return. The damage has been done and I have been more than patient and forgiving. It doesn't mean you are a bad person. You are just no longer a person I want to share my life with. I wish you all the best and I hope life lessons have been learned..

No comments: