Saturday, May 19, 2012

Let's get physical

I had been looking forward to this day. We were promised another walk of geocaching. The weather forecast sounded promising and we were packed and loaded with drinks and cookies. The hiking boots really come in handy. We were all set to discover the region of Affligem this time. The whippets were all excited about this journey as well. They were that nervous that breakfast had not been touched. I don't like it when they don't eat at all before they go out for the day, but there's not much I can do about it, is there?

The theme of this walk, was the Smurfs. You know, the little blue dwarfs with the white hats. They are cartoon figures, created by the Belgian cartoonist Peyo. As teens we were huge fans of the Smurfs, Gargamel and Azraël. We watched the cartoon on TV and bought the comic strips to read at home. Today we had to find several treasures. There were four of us to help find the hidden containers. They weren't that hard to find except for two. Nevertheless, only two of us found the treasures, because the other two were too busy chitchatting. I won't tell the names, no I won't.

We walked quite a bit this time: our tracking devices told us we had walked 16 kilometers. Not bad if you are not used to working out. Even the dogs were worn out. They were happy to see their benches. I guess they will sleep all day.. I don't blame them. I would love to join them.

No comments: