Saturday, March 3, 2012

Rise and shine

It could be my motto in life: rise and shine. I like positive thinking and I like to move on. Life is too short to dwell over missed opportunities or unhappiness. Does that mean I'm always chipper and exuberant? Don't I have any off days, where I would love to stay in bed and not budge an inch?  I do.. trust me, I do.

Lately, I've had several conversations on this subject, with as many people. Friends who are close to me, know me better than that. They know I'm not always that outrageous and joyful. Just like the rest of you, I have my weak moments. I dislike those weak moments though.
I don't like the sun hiding behind dark clouds. Bright sunlight has my preference over cloudy, rainy days. People are counting on me. I'm good at cheering up others and it fills my heart to pay others a visit if they are in need. But who keeps me safe?
Where's my shoulder to lean on? That's when this difficult question pops up: do I allow myself to fall apart and cry my heart out..? I think not. I'm afraid I won't be able to crawl back up if I do. We should all have a shoulder to cry on. Ever heard the song: Cry me a river? If you have, you will know where I'm headed to.

There are plenty of friends who will lend me their shoulder. There are good friends who will catch me whenever I might trip. I have a couple of phone numbers I can call at any time, even in the middle of the night. That's a comforting thought, although I doubt I would ever dial those numbers. I don't want to be a burden to anyone. You can come and tell me about your troubles in life and I'll give you a hug and a reassuring tap on the shoulder. It's more than okay to let me know how you feel. If only I could be my own best friend, it would make things a whole lot easier. If only I could sleep a bit more... I'm tired..

No comments: