Thursday, March 1, 2012

Il y a vraiment du metier ici

It won't come as a surprise, if I tell you that I love to cook. Not just the cooking part, but reading recipes, tracking down special ingredients, making preparations in the kitchen, thinking about a logic menu choice.. it's all part of the fun. Imagine my happiness, when being in 's Hertogenbosch, Holland, we visited a cookshop and I ran in to this product I had last bought on the Net. It was a bottle of true vanilla bean paste and it's nearly impossible to find around here. The product is being imported from the exotic Madagascar. I was happy as a child around Christmas with my bottle of vanilla bean paste. I will treasure it and use it sparely.

Seeing that pumpkin and a container of ricotta in my fridge, I decided to make some more ravioli. Coloring the pasta dough with saffran, it came out beautifully well. It would definitely match with the orange filling. The ravioli's are to be cooked first, before you fry them in a shallow pan in a bit of browned butter. Add plenty of freshly grated nutmeg and serve with Parmesan cheese on the side. What a fulfilling task that was. I'm proud of me. I'm proud of what I do and the food I serve. It fills me with joy to see how well the result was. I have put a lot of effort in it and it was worth it.

No comments: