Saturday, February 25, 2012

I'm not in a hurry

Today is gonna be one of those lazy days. Haven't slept much (why does low blood glucose keep you out of your sleep?) and being pretty tired, I'm gonna take it easy today. There's laundry to be done and house to be cleaned before I can do what I like to do the most around the house: cook some special meals.

I got myself a new rolling pin. Not just a rolling pin. It's a device to make ravioli. I know I know, I'm hooked to ravioli and finding new fillings to stuff them with, is so exciting to me. The lady on the farmer's market in 's Hertogenbosch, was selling some home made ravioli and one of the choices was beets - potatoes - spring onion. The savory pockets were heart shaped and the beautiful red color of the beets was so attractive, I just have to copy them. I'm not in a hurry, but I'll look out for fresh beets and let my imagination take over..

No comments: