Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Careless Whisper

Having teens in the house, makes you relive your own puberty. I love to look back and the memories often make me smile and my eyes shine. Just like our youngest daughter, I was 14 and in highschool. I had this boyfriend that I was not allowed to have. He was a bad boy: too old for me, too experienced, too out of school. But I looked up to him and he showed me a world I had not entered before.

He would wait for me after school and take me for a drink in a nearby club. It was dark in there and I was not allowed as a minor. I don't remember how he got me in, but he managed every single time. We would have a drink (I didn't drink any alcohol though) and we would dance and make out.

Last week, I heard George Michael's Careless Whisper on the radio. I instantly smiled, because it brought me back to the club. I don't even recall the name of the place, but I remember the songs they used to play... and the memories that came with it..

No comments: