Monday, September 5, 2011

Morning sickness

I could tell you weren't sleeping well, but I thought it was the storm that kept you from dozing off. Wrong guess... around 02:30 AM, you jumped out of bed and raced to the bathroom. Your worst nightmare had come true: you were sick.. It there's something you can't have, it's sickness.. I really felt for you, hearing you turn your heart inside out. I could feel your agony and the sweat in your hands. The sounds you made were horrible and you must have thought you would die right there on the spot. For 45 minutes, you sat there, feeling like crap and cursing at those canned meatballs you had as a late evening snack. There wasn't much I could do but bring you a bottle of water, was there?

The last time you were sick, must have been 14 years ago. I was pregnant with our second daughter and there was quite some activity in my stomach in the early hours. Telling you I was going to be sick, you hopped out of bed to land on hands on knees, making gagging sounds. It terrifies you to throw up and you would do anything to prevent it.. Let's hope you will feel better soon.

2 comments:

Upje said...

Ai! Veel beterschap voor hubby ...

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

hij voelt zich toch al heel wat beter nu.