Saturday, September 10, 2011

Le monde entier est un cactus

Trust me, I like to socialize and hang out with friends. There are not enough days in a month to meet up with friends and have a good time. Lunch, dinner, shopping, chitchatting, going for a walk (okay, that's not my favorite outing but it's good for us), diabetes meetings, .. sign me up. Life is too good to dwell over small problems and drag yourself through the day in negative thoughts. I'm not always that chipper and bubbly. I have bad days too. Some people run into bad situations more often than others. Some choose to stay in a bad environment, others get a grip and choose for a better life. I can cope with some negativity but I also feel I have to protect myself from overdoses of dark thoughts. I'm like a sponge, you know. I soak up peoples innermost feelings and I live their unhealthy situation. It gets to me at night and it keeps me from sleeping. Too much negativity wears me out and that's when I decide to take a break and surround myself with beauty and joy, laughter and sunshine. It's difficult for me when people cling to me and expect me to call them all the time and spend all of my leisure time with them. I feel trapped when that happens and it's suffocating. I need space and time and it's so not me to feel like a bird in a cage. Yes, I do feel sympathy for many people and I have no issues with the fact that life isn't always a piece of cake, but I'm no longer prepared to indulge myself in someone else's negativity..

Diabetes is not a joke. But at the same time it's also a challenge. Mood swings come with diabetes and diabetes comes with mood swings. It's our job to look out for ourselves and feed our body with positive energy. Negativity makes my heart tick too fast and raises my blood sugar like a launched rocket. I completely understand that people are not happy with the choices I make, but sometimes one has to stand up for himself and move on in life. That's what I do. I move on, I try to live my life to the fullest and I enjoy the small things in life. Happiness is not something that awaits you after death. There's plenty of time to nag about situations and to feel unhappy when your time has come. Pull yourself together and choose to live now. You can only benefit from it and so will your surroundings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Je doet dat goed, meiske. Laat niemand je ooit iets anders wijsmaken, hoor!

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

door dik en dun hè!