Thursday, June 23, 2011

Delectable

Photo by Lana Joos
Aren't they picture perfect? Trust me, these tarts are just delectable! Crunchy puff pastry, tangy double cream and ruby red and luscious raspberries.. My idea of a great dessert.

I read the recipe on someone's food blog and instantly, I decided I wanted to make my own. I had some puff pastry in my fridge, that was waiting for me to start on that quiche I had planned on making. What the heck.. who cares for quiche if you can have these beauties instead?

There's always double cream in the fridge as well and lemons are just a necessity around the kitchen. The other day I had a day out with a friend and we strolled around the farmer's market. That's where we got those plump raspberries. They were a true bargain. Only 4 euros for 1 kg of delicious red diamonds!!

I think the tarts turned out real well. Too bad Lana's stomach wasn't feeling well (her gastritis is still bugging her), so she only took the picture and didn't have any.
I promised her I would make them again one day. Because they're so easy to make and the result is just superb!

No comments: