Sunday, May 8, 2011

Motherless

Today is Mother's Day. Today, yesterday, tomorrow, bad day, good day,... No matter what day it is: once a mom, always a mom. At least, that's the ideal situation. Once you gave birth to a child, you will remain its mom forever. Unconditional love, they say. A blood bond that can never be broken.

I love being a mom. It fulfills me and having children is the greatest gift in life. Waking up in the middle of the night, to make sure you thought of lunch for your child to take to school ; picking out little bras in a boutique, to surprise your daughter on her first night out ; baking their favorite banana bread by the time school's out ; rubbing her back with anti-zit cream while she's in the shower..
It's all about the little things. That's what makes moms.. moms.

Moms are special. They are unique and they cannot be replaced. Even if children have a wonderful father, there's always the need for their mom.

I think the picture in this blog is right.. or at least it is to some moms. I can agree to the quote up to a certain point. That is if it's meant to be sarcastic. Because, you know, moms too can be wrong at times. Good moms can admit their faults and flaws. It makes them better moms..

I'm looking forward to this beautiful, sunny day, together with my family. We're going to pay my mother-in-law a visit this afternoon. Because that's what makes her happy: her family. I'm sure we'll have a great time together. Happy Mother's Day to all mothers out there. xx

No comments: