Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Just one letter...

Osama and Obama. Two names that were very hot yesterday. Only one letter is different, but their worlds are so far apart.

I heard the news at 07:00 AM while I was in the bathroom getting ready to drive our youngest daughter to school. It gave me goosebumps, to hear that the Americans had killed Osama Bin Laden. For 10 years they had tried to track him down. For 10 years, Osama succeeded in hiding from the world. What will happen to this very same world, now the leader of Al-Qaeda is murdered? You honestly don't think Al-Qaeda will say: okay, you won, we will surrender???

Last night, I watched the news and the excitement at Ground Zero gave me more goosebumps.. It chills me, to see how people cheer over his death. It's scary to see the joy but at the same time hatred in the eyes of the American people.. Because the death of Bin Laden is definitely not the end. What will happen now? Does Obama have the answer to that question? They have just opened a can of worms they won't be able to close..

No comments: