Monday, May 16, 2011

Come and get fat party

Grab some cling film and cover the inside of a glass bowl with it.
Arrange 4 basil leaves on the bottom of the bowl and lay 4 sundried tomatoes in between the leaves.
Spread 1 container of cream cheese over the herbs and top that off with dried tomato spread. Pour some green pesto on top and finish off with another container of cream cheese.
Fold over the cling film and let it rest in the fridge for a couple of hours.
Remove the cling film, tip over the bowl on a plate and serve the cheesespread with crackers.

This recipe sounds delicious, but it's not something we will prepare today. My sister-in-law and a friend are coming over today. We're going to cook Vietnamese, Chinese and Korean food. As we all know, the Asian cuisine is known to be healthy and low fat and that's what I would like to teach these two ladies. I'm not a fan of Asian drinks, so a bottle of South African Chardonnay is keeping its cool in the fridge for the girls to arrive.
I need to run some errands first and do some more tidying up before they get here. Most ingredients I keep in my pantry at all times, but I do need some crab and meat.

The first dish will be the Vietnamese springrolls, packed with veggies, crayfish and crabmeat. Those wraps are so delicious I could have them every day. So simple, healthy, colorful and easy to make!
The Chinese kitchen is rather new to me. I'm still learning a lot, but I know how to make dim sum. I must have made around 250 pieces by now and I'm still not bored. We'll have those in a chicken broth.
My Korean cookbook is a favorite of mine. Korean flavors are so different from what we are used to. I like their combinations and I love to stir fry. We'll have a cashew noodle stir fry with tons of vegetables.

I'm sure we'll have a great day! I'm glad the girls will help me chop the veggies. Let's keep our fingers crossed they will be as enthusiastic about Asian cooking as I am!

No comments: