Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It's all coming back to me now

I have fed and nurtured two babies. I know how to change diapers and feed a baby a bottle. No big deal! Right? Well... I must admit.. it's been a while. Our daughters are 16 and 14 and they can help themselves pretty well. We don't have to feed them any longer - well, at least not in a high chair and their meals are no longer mixed.

Today, I'm babysitting a nearly 6 month old baby boy. He's absolutely gorgeous and adorable. I have held him before, but then his mommy was around. Today, it's going to be just the two of us. We'll have some time by ourselves to enjoy. I'll put the dogs outside in their kennel, so I can keep all eyes on this little cute face. I know his mommy will feel more at ease with the dogs outside and so will I. After all, they are not used to babies in the house. I'm pretty convinced they wouldn't hurt your little boy, but I do not want to take any chances.

I'm going to feed this little one veggies for lunch. I guess it will be a bit like spitting image? But that's okay. We'll cope. I even think it might be fun!

Photo taken by Lana Joos

No comments: