Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Help yourself

2010 was a very special year for me. I have made a couple of drastic decisions and I'm benefiting from them now. I wanted to live a good life and a complication free future is one of my goals.
Diabetes is a chronic disease. You need to take good care of yourself every day, all year round. It will pay off in the end, making it worth the effort. It doesn't mean you can no longer enjoy life or the goodies of life. I enjoy life to the fullest, trying to make every day worthwhile.

My average bloodglucose has improved big time. When my nurse called me to let me know my latest HbA1c, I was thrilled to hear the number. Having reached another goal, I can only be thankful for all the help I got in the last year. That 6.6% is truly awesome and it makes me proud of myself. I have put hard work in it and sacrifices have to be made. But it's all so worth it.

No comments: