Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Until the day I die

We just started to get to know one another and we already have to say goodbye. I'm ready to come over to your place, before you head off to your last destination. You're not getting any better, that is impossible because C took over and made you very sick. You know what everybody else is talking about. They try to whisper, but their words are harsh and too loud. They frighten you and the words make you anxious and uncomfortable. You don't really know what to think of it. In the beginning of the week, you asked your nurse to help you fill out the euthanasia forms. You have always been a proud man who took real good care of himself. That's one of the reasons why it's so important for you to have closure worthy of a human being. There's no need to suffer, you had your share in life. I hope it will be a comfort to you, to know that you will see your partner again, in the next life. He'll be waiting for you, you know. He may not recognize you right away, since C made you loose a lot of weight. But he will find you in the end, for the two of you were so close nothing can come between that kind of love.

Photo by Lana Joos
I'll give you a warm hug later this morning. I hope you will find peace. Take care, Mr R. It was an honor to get to know you. You will be missed. We share the same nurse and you made her proud. You took your disease like a man and you lived your life the best way possible. Whenever I will listen to my favorite musical songs, I'll keep you in mind. You will not be forgotten..

No comments: