Monday, January 3, 2011

Till I hear you sing

Nat King Cole, Nina Simone, Dean Martin! Wasn't that Helen Shapiro? I'm sure Il Divo sang that song too! No, no!! that was not Eartha Kitt. Did I recognize Celine Dion's golden voice?

That music contest was such a fun idea! There are so many good songs to discover and I have the feeling I might need to get an iPod. We don't need to go to a Karaoke bar to enjoy ourselves. We have our own repertoire and artists to listen to. It was kinda like playing Buzz. And I was busted.. Because I couldn't give that many good answers. My friends beat me. Their memory must have multiple music archives I have been missing out on.

Amstelveen was worth the visit. Only a 10 min drive from the hotel, but a good opportunity to prepare ourselves for Florida. Plenty of shops and good company. We needed some little extras to survive 3 extra days, right? I'm longing for some sun though. Holland is still cold and rainy, although a narrow sunbeam surprised us every now and then. Thank goodness for indoor malls..

I'm looking forward to another healthy breakfast: fresh pineapple to cleanse our bodies, some yogurt, fresh ham and beans on toast. And yes: Latte Macchiato!

No comments: