Monday, January 31, 2011

Happiness lies in a small corner

photo by Lana Joos



















I believe this is one of the best pictures I have of you.. I keep looking at it and it warms my heart.. Life hasn't always been easy on you, but you never gave up. Instead, you pulled yourself together and you fought back.

Times are changing. You've started to show some small wrinkles around the eyes and I know they bother you. But you know what? They don't bother me at all. I believe those wrinkles to be wrinkles of joy. I see you laugh. I see you embrace your son and the way you take care of him moves me.. He's a lucky boy, to have you as his mommy. Yes, the two of you are like two hands on a belly. You understand each other with a glimpse and a wink. Sometimes you agree to disagree and that's okay too. Because that's how you teach your son about life.

Have I told you lately that I'm proud of you? I'm proud of the way you stand with both feet on the ground. You have your dreams and you try to chase them. You'll get there, trust yourself. There's a lot more of you to be revealed.

I'm lucky to have you as my sister-in-law. You're a strong and giving person and you're down to earth. Just the way I like it. Just the way you are..

No comments: