Friday, December 17, 2010

Losing you

How long had we been separated? I can't remember the exact date, but we stopped seeing each other right before you got pregnant. I was thrilled when you texted me that you were expecting your first baby. I was anxious to see you, but I didn't. We didn't get together throughout your pregnancy.
The day you let me know your baby boy was born, I was ready to hop in the car and come tell you how proud I was of you. I wanted to hold that baby and tell him how much his mommy and daddy loved him.

It was good to see you today. You have changed. You're a mommy now. It's heart warming to see you nurture this little creature. It has awakened feelings deep inside of you and it has made you a better person. Because that's what children do: they make us better people.. Our children are our mirror to the soul. They let us see who we are. They reflect different aspects of their parents and there's so much to learn from our offspring. If only we are willing to see..

Motherhood is a blessing. There's no greater gift in the whole world. Just imagine how miraculous things are.. Two people come together and out of their love, new life is born.. It still startles me.

Did I tell you how beautiful your baby is? Perhaps a dozen times. I can't express how much I missed you. I've cursed you too, you know. I don't like what we do to one another every now and then, but somehow we always make up. It was good to give you a hug. It felt warm and sincere and familiar. Let's keep it that way, okay?

No comments: