Thursday, December 16, 2010

Don't forget me when I'm gone

Something strange is happening in our small community. Over the last 10 years, I have known several women - young moms - who have lost the battle against cancer.. They were all in their 30's - early 40's when they were diagnosed and within a year, they had to give up their fight. Leaving young children and a husband behind..

What causes this turmoil? It's kinda scary, since we do live in a very small town. I haven't heard of any young men who suffered from cancer and were diagnosed a terminal cancer patient. Nothing but young moms, diagnosed with breast cancer, ovarian cancer, uterus cancer, leukaemia,.. Just two days ago, another young girl had to let go of her mommy, who was diagnosed with uterus cancer several years ago. She won the battle until recently, leukaemia had taken over her body. She didn't make it.. It is so sad.. Another family ruined..

Why are people so convinced nothing of that manner will happen to them? It happens everywhere, it doesn't spare anyone. We are so small and there's not much we can do about this horrible disease. It is scary, thinking about the consequences of leaving your young children behind.. Whenever I run into the young children of deceased moms, I feel for them. They grow up too, I know they do, but still, they miss out on so much. Life isn't fair. It just isn't..

No comments: