Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tombs and graveyards

Death doesn't scare me. It's part of the circle of life. We all have to die at a certain point and there's not really much we can do about it. Do you believe in fate? Are you convinced your death is written in the books and there's nothing you can do about it? Or is it random?

Some die at a way too young age. That sounds fairly pointless. Young people need an opportunity to grow up and make the best of it. Accidents kill people and so does illness. Health issues keep me busy and leading a healthy life should be our primary concern.

I have thought about the ending of my life. I absolutely do not want a Christian funeral. No bystanders on my funeral, who only come out of curiosity. Just the family and friends that are dear to me should be invited. They shouldn't be sad or wear black on my passing on. Because I know there's more to life than death. Let's celebrate the life we had and look back with a broad smile. There shouldn't be too much sadness when someone passes. Of course that person will be missed. Maybe we should be thankful for the time we had together and the good memories that person  brought us. But sometimes it's time to move on. To a different destination. Not heaven, that's not a word I would use. We don't know what's out there after we've left this world. And I really don't need to know. This is the life we're leading now and that life is full of joy and activity so I don't feel the need to guess what's going to happen in our next life. I like the mystery behind it. It could be kinda exciting to explore a totally new world.

A reason why I do not want to be buried on a graveyard, is the gloominess of the place. I believe tombs and graveyards have something spooky and creepy. Thinking of the skeletons in the coffins, doesn't give me much joy. Cremation sounds like a much better plan to me. I'll put my thoughts away now. I'm not planning any death anywhere soon, so just forget about it. I just wanted to make a point..

No comments: