Sunday, November 28, 2010

Submissive

I wouldn't call myself a submissive personality. On TV I watched this show on submissive women living in an abusive relationship. I was truly upset and appalled to see their partner verbally and physically abuse their "beloved" ones. One lady was even shot in the jaw by her precious boyfriend. Listening to their stories, I wondered what made them decide to stick with their abusive partner. Was it a lack of selfesteem? Were they deprived of love in their childhood? Did that make them long for someone to love them, no matter what? I don't know, but I felt sorry for them. It seemed like they no longer respected the person they once were. They were frightened to face their partner once they had filed complaint against him. And then the show started.. the partner started to cry, he tried to express how sorry he was and that he would never ever hit her again. Blablabla. Right. It won't surprise you that these women go back to their partner after he has convinced them of his good intentions. They go back to where they started .. and no, things won't change, as long as these women remain submissive and their partners abusive..

No comments: