Sunday, November 21, 2010

Nice day for a walk in the park

Have you ever watched the episodes on the Dog Whisperer? Cesar Millan is a great dog trainer. His principles are simple and logical. He's absolutely right when he says most dogs have great characters. It's all about the leader of the pack: the owner of the dog. If the owner is not a good leader, the dog will take over that role, meaning the owner is no longer in control. And that's when things go wrong.

I have recorded several episodes now and I have watched them carefully. There are so many things to learn about canine language. There was a show on whippets and I learned a lot from that show. Ever since I started watching the program, our dogs have improved quite a bit. Or must I say: we have claimed the leader role?

Our dogs need more exercise. Hubby walks them on a daily basis. Maybe they need more time to walk, meaning I'll have to walk them too. They love to go out for a walk and I treat them by letting them run free. Go get your leashes, Rebba and Inthe! It's a nice day for a walk in the park!

No comments: