Friday, November 19, 2010

Let's celebrate life!

I had been looking for a restaurant where the two of us could meet. We ended up in a unique diner in Dendermonde, named Litus. Both of us had checked the menu beforehand, and it looked very appealing. And I can tell you: it was worth the drive.

We enjoyed an appetizer while having a glass of dry wine, before we were treated on tuna carpaccio. It was delicious! My companion had lamb chops and a variety of warm vegetables, while I had chosen a vegetarian salad. Boy, did I like that! It was packed with fresh vegetables: bean sprouts, snow peas, different kinds of lettuce, shredded cabbage, carrots, blackberries, raspberries,.. drizzled with a mustard dressing. I couldn't finish my whole plate, because I wanted to leave some room for dessert, as I had seen sabayon on the menu. It's my most favorite dessert and I won't skip it if they serve it. That's one of the only desserts you can be sure off it will be made right there on the spot. I heard the cook whisk the eggs for the sabayon and the constant beating sound in the pan made me happy. It was worth it, I can assure you.

We spent nearly 5 hours in the restaurant, because we had so much to talk about. What a lovely lady I met! It was a pleasure to get to know her. There were so many similarities between us, that it was almost scary! I think we'll hear more from each other in the future. December 1 2010 will be the point of no return. You're ready and you'll be absolutely fine. Don't worry.

No comments: