Monday, November 1, 2010

A la plancha

A couple of years ago, I bought a BK metal flattop grill plate while visiting Roermond, Holland. It is a huge plate, and it covers two gas burners on my Range Cooker. I use it for American pancakes and Indian flatbread (chapati), but on some days, I cook a whole meal on it: fish, green beans and baked potatoes f.e.. Because it needs two burners, you can regulate the heat individually. Normally one burner has a higher heat than the other one. The pan is easy to clean - although it doesn't fit in to my sink or dishwasher - and it goes in the oven as well as on the stove. It's my favorite pan. It doesn't need a lot of grease so it's good for healthy cooking. I believe this plate would make a terrific gift and all of you should have one. It comes in real handy and you would use it quite often. I'm thinking of making English muffins on my BK grill plate.. Anyone?

No comments: