Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Idaho

Leading the life of a Belgian au pair in Portland, Oregon, I got acquainted with Idaho Potatoes. Like people call the Dutch "cheese heads", Idaho residents are "potato heads". I'm not a boiled potato fan, but most other preparations that contain potatoes are more appealing to me. Think jacket potato, American potato wedges, potato salad, scalloped potatoes, French fries, baked potatoes, mash, buttermilk mash, .. Those dishes are so versatile and interesting, compared to the plain boiled potatoes.

My children are no big boiled potato lovers either. My oldest daughter doesn't eat them at all. Only mashed (buttermilk) potatoes can win her heart. She's not even a real French fries fanatic. But that's not a problem, right?

I read a very interesting recipe on Hasselback potatoes. Maybe I should try making them. I love oven baked potatoes that have not been peeled before preparation. I really enjoy eating the peel and it gives the potato much more flavor. So Hasselback potatoes. There's no need to copy the recipe here, since I can refer you to the site where I found it. Will you let me know your favorite potato recipe?

No comments: