Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Found out about you

You surprised me with the most delicious marzipan pie. It looked like a million dollars! Wow! You had told me before, that you really are a confectioner. It had been over more than 20 years since you made your last cake. I had no idea what to expect so I was actually blown away by your fabulous cake.. Handmade marzipan roses and leaves in wonderful pink and green, a thin and crunchy shortbread bottom covered in chocolate and then the most fluffy sponge-cake ever, filled with kirsch soaked candied fruit and pineapple. You must have basted your sponge-cake with kirsch as well, because it was so moist and delicious. Topped with fresh cream.. It took you two days to complete your cake but it was worth it. And yes, you impressed me xx

No comments: