Thursday, November 25, 2010

Don't take things for granted

I can honestly say, without bragging, that I have a vast number of friends that are very dear to me. We like to spend time together and support one another whenever that's necessary or desired. It's no trouble at all to meet with my friends and we try to make time for our friendship as often as we can. Some friends I don't see that often, but we call or mail. Others I see weekly. Then there are my friends I daily have contact with on the Internet.

Don't take things for granted, I would say. Friends are really special and rare and unique. It takes time to get to know one another. You need to invest in good friendships if you want to make the best of it. It can't be a one way direction, because that's just not how it works. Both parties need to invest to make good partners in the art of friendship.

My friends are very different. They have a little bit of everything and they are very versatile. That's what I like in people: their versatility. I learn from all of them and they bring a new dimension into my life. I cherish their friendship, their personality, their look towards life. I embrace the person they are. I respect them for who they are. Friendship is so important it can brighten ones life..

No comments: