Thursday, September 9, 2010

I just wanna be ok

My operation was 2 months ago. I'm doing real well, although I'm still tired from the narcotics. But the overall feeling is absolutely great. My blood sugars have never been this good. In fact, I'm looking forward to my next HbA1c! I'm pretty sure it will be even better than the last 7%, which was a very decent number. I hope to be in the 6% area this time. That would be the first time in my 8 year diabetes career. It tells me I have done the right thing.

The physical scars are healing well. Five little lines and some dots from the staples are all that are left from a surgery, that wasn't that minor to begin with. The emotional scars are healing too. It's been a rodeo, and I was about to give up, but I made it and I'm happy with my decision. It was a true ordeal and the operation is still controversial, but for me it was the best option possible. Would I recommend the operation to my peers? I don't know. A whole lot depends on your attitude towards the operation and towards D. You must have come to terms with yourself about the whole thing. It's not just something you decide overnight. You must have really thought it over. It does affect your life and it may affect the life of your beloved ones, if you don't do what you're supposed to do. So far, things are going just fine and I'm proud of myself for doing the best I can.

No comments: