Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dream it.. Wish it.. Do it!

For 8 years I have tried to loose weight. For 8 years I've been struggling and fighting weight issues. I never wanted to grow bigger. I didn't want that fat on my body. Not because I don't like curves, because curves make you more of a woman, but because the fat content in my body was completely unhealthy.

I had to fight my doctors. So many people advised me so many different things, but nothing helped. Medication, sports, diets,.. Been there, done that. It wears you out, but you keep fighting. You keep believing there must be someone out there who can help you.

How I wished for that solution. How I wanted that weight to come off.. For almost one year, I had to fight this particular battle and stand up for myself. I'm so glad I persevered and didn't give up. Because I had some people who were willing to back me up. People who believed in me. People who cared..

My average basal insulin dose at its highest point, was 85 units a day. Now I use no more than 42,40 units a day and the dose is still too much.. I feel so good. My stomach no longer bothers me and I no longer feel bloated. What can I say? Thank you doctor, for helping me.. You gave me a new life.. A new life that is about to start..

No comments: