Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sit on the side line

My foot is still bugging me. It's been more than a month and a half, since I sprained my foot.
It's difficult to walk on cobblestones or stand on one leg. My foot hurts if I have to walk for a long time or take the stairs.
So I went back to my GP to see what he could do about it. He suggested I'd have some more X-rays and an ultrasound. So that's what I did.

The radiologist told me there was a cyst in my foot, bursitis caused by friction of the cyst against tendons, edema in my ankle and severe bone spur under my foot. Great.. Just what I needed. It does explain the pain. I can't see the orthopaedist before June 15. So I guess I'll have to cope until then. My brother-in-law, who works for the orthopaedist I'm about to see, is going to talk to the doctor this morning. Let's hope he will be able to help me out, so I won't hold anybody up during our visit in London next week.

Being a diabetic, it's very important to take good care of your feet. Ulcers may occur before you know it, leaving a hole in your foot. In the worst case scenario, that might lead to amputation of the foot. So yes, it worries me. I'm planning a session with the pedicure to have callus removed. Callus is always a sign that either you wear shoes that don't fit your feet properly or that there is some pressure of some kind. I don't recall having callus free feet..

No comments: