Monday, June 21, 2010

Scrap booking

The first time I really heard about scrap booking, must have been in 1992, in Oregon, US. A distant relative of mine, had invited me over to her house. She was a teacher and her main pastime was scrap booking. I thought that was such a fun idea, that she didn't need much persuasion to talk me into it. So I got myself some tools and paper, glue and glitter to get started. I have made some fun projects in the past.
Once the children were born, scrap booking was not something I had time for. I did make photo albums for the girls, but they were not as fancy as I wanted them to be. Some were decorated with drawings and colorings, but that was about it.
Some years later, I had some spare time and I started scrap booking again. Every now and then, I make a scrap book after we went on a holiday or an outing. I know it's easier just to have a photo book printed online. Most of the time, that's what I do for myself. But if I want to do something special for a friend, I prefer to make a creative scrap book. It takes some time to work out an idea, but once I get the hang of it, I can't put it down until it's finished. So if you ever receive one of my handmade scrap books, it's because you're worth the effort!

No comments: