Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Holding back the years

You may wish to hold back the years, but that's not necessary. No matter what age you are, you will always be memorable and precious.
This year, you treated us in a very special way. We went to Belgo - Belgian Restaurant in London, UK. We had been there before, on a previous occasion. And again, we had a ball. The place is unique and situated in the basement of the building. An old elevator took us downstairs, to enjoy a good Belgian meal. There's an open kitchen and the dishes served were excellent!

You gave us the choice to pick an appetizer, a main course and dessert. There were several things on the menu I wanted to try, but I made up my mind pretty fast. As an appetizer, I had the grilled goat's cheese salad and that really tickled my taste buds. I just love goat's cheese and when it's served on a thin slice of toasted ciabatta... mmmmm... count me in!
I had the grilled Red Thai lobster as well. Succulent meat and perfectly grilled. I decided to have two appetizers because I also wanted dessert.. Who can resist a piece of chocolate cheesecake??? Could you?? I know I loved it! It was light and tasty and smooth. Just the way I like it!

I asked waiter "Becky" to put a birthday candle on my cheesecake, since you decided to have no dessert. I know you're not fond of being put in the centre of attention, so we didn't overdo it. We sang a birthday song for you and that alone made us all emotional already. You're a special person and we were very happy to share this splendid evening with you.

The British need to work on later pub curfews, but in the end, we stranded in the hotel lounge bar and that cut the deal as well. The drinks were cold and served fast. Maybe we had a little too much to drink (I behaved! I had only one glass of wine) and maybe we talked too much, but it was fun. There's a strong bond among us, that can never be broken..

No comments: