Saturday, May 15, 2010

Gaydar

Our oldest daughter has a best friend whom she loves very much. He's a great kid and I'm so happy for her she has such a dear friend. They like to hang out together. She talks about him all the time. At one time, I even asked her whether she was dating the right guy? Because she would talk more about this friend than her own boyfriend.
And then I met him. He came over to our house and immediately I closed him in my heart. What a great guy! Polite, gentle, charming, funny, loving, caring.. My gaydar said: this boy isn't straight.. He loves guys, not gals. All of a sudden, it all made sense. Why my daughter has been friends with him for 3 years. Why she loves to go shopping with him. Why they go out to take pictures together. She doesn't believe he's gay. Maybe the boy himself doesn't know yet. But that's okay. It doesn't matter what preference he has. He's very welcome and I hope the two of them will remain friends for a very long time. I'm very happy for her. And him.

No comments: