Monday, April 12, 2010

To die for

I'm craving berries this week: ruby red strawberries, juicy raspberries, plump blackberries, firm blue berries, succulent gooseberries, shiny cherries, sour currants.. I'm so looking forward to having fruit salads and smoothies. Sometimes, you see little stalls along the road, where one can buy fresh strawberries or cherries. I would go there immediately, to buy tons of red fruit. I was not always a fruit lover. That changed when I was diagnosed with diabetes. But nowadays, I really love fruit. Too bad fruit has quite some carbohydrates. Meaning we need insulin when we eat fruit. That's why I prefer red fruit over other kinds, because they contain the least carbs. I'm out of here. I can no longer talk about strawberries without having any..


No comments: