Wednesday, May 26, 2010

One of us

Against my principles, I sat down on the couch with hubby and Lana, to watch the first semi-final of the Eurovision Song Contest. It's been ages since I last saw this contest. I thought it was not worth the effort, since certain countries only vote for their neighbor countries. Mostly it's just a waste of energy and money.

This year, Belgium has sent Tom Dice to Oslo. His act is unique: just "Me and My Guitar". No background dancers, no fireworks or carnival costumes. Just Tom and his guitar. He did pretty well, I must say. He looked great and he didn't seem nervous at all. His voice was clear and he stood there, just doing what he came to do: sing and play his guitar..
He's one of us! He went to highschool where Lana is going as well. I attended that college too.

There were a couple of other contestants I liked as well: Poland and Russia presented two great singers, with deep and warm voices. And I liked the power of Greece! Even for people who don't dance (count me in), you felt like getting on the dance floor and join in.

But the most important is: Tom Dice is going to the finals!!!! They loved him! Is he going to convince the rest of Europe? Let's hope so! We'll find out this Saturday. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: