Saturday, March 6, 2010

Let's do some living after we die

I used to be catholic. My parent's choice, not mine. I don't go to church and neither do I believe in any God or religion. I believe in life, in people, in friendship and love. That's plenty to believe in. I believe one should live his life to the fullest and not wait for paradise after death. What a waste if you live sober all your life, just because you believe in heaven and rice pudding with golden spoons.. Maybe people should create their own heaven on earth, instead of holding back and wait for their death to make them happy ever after.

Our daughters are not church minded either. But they do attend catholic schools. There's not much choice of good schools in our area that are not catholic. But those schools are different from the old catholic schools. There are no more nuns around and you don't have to go to church all the time. So the girls are fine with that. We raise our children to be good to themselves and the people around them. They know the difference between right and wrong, without any God telling them.

So is there a life after we die? I believe spirits are out there somewhere and those spirits connect in one way or another. Some spirits have difficulties to cross the border between this life and the spirit world. Some spirits want to remain in this world. I don't go to the cemetery to encounter my deceased loved ones. They are in my heart. They are no longer on the graveyard. We are the ones that keep their memory alive or not. There are some people I like to think of every now and then. They make me smile when I relive some memories. I'm not afraid of death or dying. We are not that important that we have to stay here as long as possible. The world will go around without us after all. And that's comforting. Don't think too much of yourself. Just live your life..


No comments: