Friday, April 2, 2010

Humpty Dumpty

I felt like Humpty Dumpty.. Walking in Bruges with the girls, the heel of my shoe got stuck in the cobbles. I fell down on my knees, twisting my foot. I couldn't help it, but I started to laugh out of misery. My daughter wasn't sure whether she could laugh as well. It hurt big time, but whenever I fall or see somebody else fall, I just have to laugh. I couldn't stand up right away, so I had to crawl to the sidewalk where I could take a rest. I felt so silly.. Pulling up my trouser leg, I could tell one knee was bleeding and the skin was damaged. The foot of my other leg was bruised and swollen. Shoot.. Not a very good beginning of a shopping afternoon with the girls. But I had promised them a fun day out, so I had to pull myself together, to stand up and keep going.

By the time I got home, my foot was black and blue and hurting big time. I could feel my heartbeat in my foot. The instep of my foot feels really sore.. I keep thinking of Humpty Dumpty, because that's who I felt like, laying there, in the middle of a street in Bruges..

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the king's horses,
And all the king's men,
Couldn't put Humpty together again


No comments: