Thursday, April 8, 2010

Du pain, du vin, du boursin

Living like God in France. All we need is bread, wine and good cheese. There is not one cheese I don't like. Some people say they don't like cheese, but there are so many different cheeses that I find that very hard to understand.

A couple of years ago, I have worked for a local goat farmer. He made his own goat's cheese and I must say: he had the best goat's cheese I have ever eaten. Too bad he's gone out of business, because now his cheeses no longer exist. He won several prices with his cheeses, even in Holland, the cheese country!

I must have passed my love for cheese on to my children. We like to have a cheese platter every now and then. Another favorite cheese of mine is blue cheese. You should try the Blue Cheese Soufflé in the Shakespeare Theatre in London. That was so divine!

My old time favorite though, is Boursin. Plain, garlic, pepper, walnuts, figs.. every variety can bring me pleasure. Boursin, a glass of deep, red wine and crispy home baked bread. What more can we ask for?

No comments: