Monday, April 5, 2010

Dig deep

Yesterday, a good friend, my oldest daughter and I went to see Derek Ogilvie in Antwerp. We had been looking forward to his show for quite a while. I'm so glad my friend brought a wheelchair along, so I didn't have to walk with crutches all the time. I can now call him my personal assistant!

Derek is mad, absolutely mad! That is, the English meaning of mad, not the American. He moves around the place like a grasshopper, full of energy and humor. He looks exactly like on TV. My friend had the chance to shake hands with Derek, when he entered the place. The audience was really enthusiastic, especially when he was making fun of the "Limburgers". LOL.

But then it became serious pretty fast. We were told only to react if all of Dereks statements were related to us. Some people didn't understand and raised their hands whenever they had the chance to. Of course that is not the best thing to do. There's not that much time for readings, so it's good if he can connect with the right people right away.

The language was a problem at times. People couldn't react properly or didn't understand the Scottish accent. Someone was there to translate, but sometimes that wasn't sufficient. I'm sure the readings work better with an English speaking audience. The Flemish are more reluctant as well and maybe too modest and shy at times.

We had a fun day though. I'm still convinced Derek Ogilvie has a special gift and I'm glad he wants to share that with the world. You rock Derek! Keep using your talent and spread the word.

No comments: