Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Careless whisper

The other day, I heard The Careless Whisper by George Michael. I had an instant flashback, way back to when I was 15. I had a boyfriend back then and that was our song. I remember us sitting in a bar when the DJ played Careless Whisper. It was dark in the bar and at my age, I wasn't supposed to be there at all. My boyfriend must have been 18 I guess, and he got me in. We danced and made out and I was in 7th heaven.

Isn't it curious how songs can bring back memories? I have a similar thing with smells. The smell of perfume can remind me of special moments in my life. Smelling cinnamon brings me back to the States.
I have several songs that bring a broad smile on my face. Another one is Nothing Compares to You by Sinead O'Connor. I like to look back and enjoy my memories. It feels good.

No comments: