Sunday, March 14, 2010

There's a place for us

I met the owner of the place - Café Parti in Ghent - , a couple of months ago. After having lunch in his restaurant, my friends and I were excited about the cooking skills of this man. Excellent food, great cooking methods and good staff! are three qualities of this restaurant.

So I sent them feedback and told them about people with diabetes. The man was interested right away and he called me to make an appointment. And we did. We talked about food, about diabetes and a healthy lifestyle. He was excited and so was I! It doesn't happen that often over here, that restaurant owners meet with their customers to discuss the menu. But that's what this man did. He listened to the needs of diabetics. He heard about carbohydrates and how they affect our blood sugar. He suggested to adapt his menu and become a carbohydrate-aware restaurant.

I would say: go visit the place! Have lunch, sit down for dinner. Enjoy the excellent dishes and service. I'm a fan!


No comments: