Wednesday, March 31, 2010

One way direction

Your food intake is supposed to go in one direction: down, all the way to your stomach, where the food can be digested. I think I might have a problem somewhere down there. My oesophagus hurts big time and I have chest pains day and night. I can tell you, I have felt better. I have severe heartburn and the gastric juices seem to go back upwards, making me cough and gasp for air. It's painful and it doesn't feel comfortable at all. It keeps me up at night and I already lack a lot of sleep due to hypoglycaemia.

I'd better see a gastro enterologist I guess. I'm not looking forward to having an exam, because I already had one last fall, and that was not pleasant at all. But if it needs to be done, I'll do it. I hope it won't be an ulcer. I'll cut back on soda pop and coffee to start with. Not that I have that much, but maybe it will help? And I'd better stop eating bread again as well, because bread doesn't do me any good. I hope to get a doctor's appointment somewhere soon..


No comments: