Monday, May 31, 2010

The art of seduction

He says he's in love with me. Despite my weight, he has fallen in love with me. He has put me on his list of women he has fallen in love with and wants to marry. I'm on top of his list right now. But there's a possibility I will no longer be on that list tomorrow. Because someone else might take my place.
If he had fallen in love with me 30 years ago, he would have married me right away. The thing is, I would have been 8 years old then. Kinda young to get married, I told him. He said it didn't matter, since it's not going to happen after all. Because I'm no longer on his favorite-person-to-marry-list. As soon as I walk out the door, he forgets about me. To remember his crush the very next day when I come back to visit him.
I'm not the first woman he falls in love with. He asked to see pictures of my daughters, so I showed him. As soon as he saw a picture of my oldest daughter, he said: I know her! I remember falling in love with her when I was a teen!! He was so excited about that picture. If only he weren't 92 and my daughter 15..

No comments: