Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Flaunt your figure

You have left the country again. Although you keep in touch, I miss you. You are enjoying the sun, sitting on the beach near San Cristobal de la Laguna. What's in a name huh? A lot of sun and sea maybe? You are such a sparkling person. You have a lot of wisdom and I'm sure you are a fantastic mother and a loving grandmother. The way you think, the words you speak, the thoughts you share.. it all comes with the same flair and elegance.

When I think of you right now, I can see you flaunt your figure on the beach. I'm sure many men will turn their heads when they see you stroll near the coastline, picking up shells and little pebbles. I can see you doze off in a strand chair, a book in your lap, your shades on your tanned nose. You are still wearing your jewellery. You only take it off to put on sunscreen. A large royal hat protects your beautiful hair from the sun. I believe there's even a white ribbon around the hat. The swimsuit you picked out is a compliment to your body. Your perfectly manicured nails reach for a longdrink and a little drop of that exotic cocktail spills on your bronzed arm. You are so laid back and relaxed, that it affects the people around you in a positive way.

We miss you, my lovely friend. We miss your thoughts, we miss your laugh, we miss your wittiness. I hope you will have access to the Internet once in a while - maybe in between two laps in the pool - so we can enjoy the stories you write down for us. Thanks for being the person you are.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dromerke, hé