Monday, November 30, 2009

The things we do for love

My dear friend..

today is your birthday. Rumour goes that it's not polite to talk about a lady's age, so I'm not going to do that. Age is nothing more than a number. Or two numbers. It's like discussing a ladies weight. It's not done. That's all. You are as old as you feel. And trust me: you are not old. You are so vibrant and active. You glow and people turn their heads when you stride by. You are a proud lady with a strong personality. That's not a surprise to anyone who knows you. After all, you have raised 6 sons! I have had the chance to meet three and I adore them. You have done a very good job raising them. I think you deserve that credit. They have outgrown you, but they honour you with all their respect.
Your sons have taken you to many places. They have taken good care of you so far and I'm sure they will do nothing else in the future. We plan to have you around for many more years. Do you know what I really like? When we go out for the weekend, that we sing a long in the car. I just love to hear you sing.
You are pretty special.. I have known you for approximately 10 years I believe. I was going through some photo albums the other day, and I kept running into pictures of you. You are a photographer's dream. You are a natural. Always in shipshape.

I'm so sorry we couldn't make it to Berlin. I wish I were there to give you your birthday kisses and hugs. Because I know that's what you like the most. The love of the people around you. And yes.. you are loved..


No comments: