Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I come with a package deal

When you met me, I had a past. You had your past too. Fifteen years later, we have a joint past. Each one of us comes with a package deal: take it or leave it. We have grown as parents and we are raising two wonderful girls. That is a one of a lifetime experience. Both of our children come with a package deal. Too bad neither one of us comes with a manual. Sometimes it's hard to read one another or understand what's going on in our minds. At some point, I don't even understand what's going on in my own mind. Then again, I'm an open book to most of you. I'm not that hard to comprehend if you take your time to listen to me. Communication is very important. Listening is even more important. I don't always want your advice or a solution. Sometimes I just want to be heard so I can find my own solution.
It would be nice though, if I could read you a little bit better. I would love to Google your manual and download it to read it whenever I get the chance. Because I still want to get to know you better. There's a big part of you I haven't seen yet. I hope one day, you will give me the key to read you.


No comments: