Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The squeaky wheel gets the grease

I'm not happy things have to go this way, but it seems like there is no other solution if you want people to pay attention to your problem. For so many years, I have asked different doctors about my issue. For so many years they didn't hear me. I know doctors are busy and they have (way too) many patients. I tend to help them out by giving them a short description of my medical file whenever I see them. I really don't expect any doctor to remember the medical background of all their patients. It does get tiring once in a while, to keep on repeating the same things over and over again. But then again, if you are still asking about the same subject after 7 years, it must be because you haven't been taken seriously yet.
Word goes that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. And you know what? It may be right. For the first time, I feel people are prepared to look into my file. Did I sound desperate enough in order for them to get moving? I don't know. I feel desperate, that I know. I cried. A lot. Doctors don't like it when their patients get emotional. I don't like it when I get emotional. But you know what? I'm not going to ignore my feelings any longer. I want this issue solved and I need help. This squeaky wheel needs grease..


No comments: